mobMMS update blog

Just a blog for keeping users of www.mobMMS.com up to date with all the latest news and changes.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

URGENT - site goes offline for server change 22nd Feb!!

Due to a complete lack of space on our current server, we're changing hosts. This has happened sooner than expected, hence the lack of warning. The site will go offline sometime on 22nd Feb and I've no idea when it'll be back up, but hopefully as quickly as possible. I'll need to set up the new server and upload all the content so it could take a day or two at a very rough guess.

Apologies for this - I'll see if I can get the url to redirect to this post during the down time to keep you all up to date. Otherwise, please bare with us for a few days!

Thanks

(ps spread the word if possible to others)

8 Comments:

  • At 2:06 am, Blogger mobMMS said…

    Taken longer than planned due to problems related to the old server (mainly the lack of space on it).

    Stumbling block right now is the database, once that's up the site may be partially accessible, but won't work properly. I need to then finish installing the software for the image and video stuff, and then we should be back in action!

    Sorry for the delay, but hopefully it'll result in a more stable site in the long-run.

     
  • At 1:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alex, whats happened to the site.... Curious McT

     
  • At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Server costs were adding up, didn't want to sell the site as I wanted to keep everyone's stuff safe/private, and it really could've done with a big update which I didn't have time for :(
    So it's backed up offline, but no longer online I'm afraid!
    Hope you're well at least!

     
  • At 2:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aye, I'm good. Health going to the dogs, I'm still hunting, my health won't stop that..(my outings are on YT), new dog not as good as my first. No matter what it is in life the 2nd will never replace or be as good as your first.

    you should've sold it or better still - placed ads on the site, every site is doing it and making a bucket load.

    did you get your dream job! the one that you studied for?
    have you settled down?

    It's good to hear from you and that your still living lol :)

     
  • At 2:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    here Alex, I need your help on my website ... I've been trying to figure something out for the past week and can't get my head around it, sadly every piece of coding I've seen online isn't working ! It's a small ten minute job.

    Do you still have my e-mail address? starts with "can...(ends with)02"@gmail.com


    McT

     
  • At 12:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sure I'll drop you a message tomorrow!

     
  • At 7:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had pics saved to mobmms... I would love them back again... anyone help?

     
  • At 3:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would love to get my mobmms photo's back, can anyone assist me. tradetrade63@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home